Fashion is not for a particular body type or size. It is for all of us. But sometimes we tend to shy away from trends thinking they might not be for us. When you dress as per your body type, it not just accentuates your body but gives you that boost of confidence as well.
One of the most important things is to identify your body shape. Refer to the chart given below. Once you know what your body type is, you can choose fabrics and cuts accordingly!
Find out how to dress as per your body type.
Apple Body Type
- Heavier upper body as compared to lower body
- Broad shoulders, bigger bust line
- Not a well defined waistline
Celebs with apple shaped body – Sonakshi Sinha, Elizabeth Hurley, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Angeline Jolie
The trick is to deviate attention from your heavier upper body and highlight your legs. Dresses/ tops with deep V neckline will give an illusion of elongated torso and will flatter your body type.
Best clothes for apple shaped body
- A-line or empire cuts starting right below your bust.
- Flowy tunics and button ups also look great.
- Add layers to shift focus. Kimonos, shrugs, koti jackets, or layered kurtas are great picks.
- Flared bottoms – palazzos, bell bottoms, boot cut denims will create a balance with your upper body.
Flowy silhouettes, and dresses that cinch at the waist – ideal for apple shaped body.
Source – second street
Hourglass Body Type
- Most balanced body type with proportionate top and bottom part
- Curvy body with almost even bust and hip measurements.
- Well defined waist.
Celebs with hourglass shaped body – Kim Kardashian, Eva Longeria, Priyanka Chopra, Yami Gautam
When you have those curves, flaunt them. Make sure to highlight your waist and add dimension with plunging necklines for that added oomph.
Best clothes for hourglass shaped body
- Dresses that cinch your waist look stunning. To highlight your waist, you can add a thin belt.
- Wrap tops and peplum blouses can be your best friends.
- Plunging V necks or sweetheart necklines complement your body type.
- Wear crop tops or fitted jumpsuits to flaunt your curves.
- For bottoms choose high waist pants, stretchy skinny jeans, and leggings.
Pear Body Type
- Heavier lower body as compared to upper body.
- Narrow shoulders and wider hips and thighs.
- Waist is wider than your shoulder giving your lower body a fuller look.
Celebs with pear shaped body – Vidya Balan, Beyonce, Shakira, Jenifer Lopez
If styled in the right way, you can look like a hourglass body shape and flaunt your curves. The secret is to strike a balance and choose outfits that enhance your lower body and highlight your narrow shoulders.
Best clothes for pear shaped body
- Choose fun vibrant printed tops.
- A-line skirts, dresses, or kurtis will accentuate your figure.
- Add drama to your sleeves – bell sleeves, ruffles etc.
- Experiment with necklines – cowl neck, deep V neck, and scoop neck.
- Keep bottoms more subtle and preferably in dark colors. Classic trouser fit and bootcut and fared denims work well.
Rectangle Body Type
- You’re not particularly curvy, rather well balanced from shoulders to hips
- Weight is evenly distributed throughout your body.
- Waist is not small or well defined.
- Your arms and legs are your assets.
Celebs with rectangular shaped body – Anushka Sharma, Anne Hathway, Jacqueline Fernandez, Cameron Diaz
Since your body doesn’t have a lot of curves, you need to create an illusion. Make sure to focus and keep the volume either on bottom or top. Try to balance your athletic upper body frame by highlighting your legs.
Best clothes for rectangle shaped body
- A-line skirts, vertical stripes, ruffle dresses, and dark colors are for you.
- Draw attention to your arms. Experiment with halter necks, racerbacks, or anything strapless and off shoulder.
- Layers are your best bet. Long jackets, blazers, and capes add a lot of drama.
- Balance an oversized top/ hoodie with skinny denims or structured pants.
Rectangle shaped, hourglass shaped, pear shaped or apple shaped, the key is to dress as per your body type and look confident and stunning. That’s always our idea at Let’s Expresso to help you all look astonishing.
These were our tried and tested tips for how to dress as per your body type!
Hope these tips help you dress up as per your body type, to choose a more flattering outfit and accentuate your beauty!
Till then….keep it stylish.
Keep tuned, we are bringing our next post soon.