A woman can never have enough lipsticks. If you’re a lipstick lover you’d know their superpowers. Winters are here and it is the best time to flaunt dark lipsticks. Dark plums, berry, chocolate browns, all these are perfect lip colors for winters. If you think you’d not be able to flaunt dark lipsticks, think again. Here’s some inspiration for all those pretty dark lip colors.
5 must have lip colors for winters
Winter is my favorite time of the year! It is that time of the year when you can enjoy wine on your lips and in your glass!
Wine lipsticks are epitome of vampy style. The deeper the color, the classier it looks. Choose a wine or burgundy that highlights your skin and overall look. Wear it with minimalistic eye make-up.
- Tip – Many times darker colors in liquid lipsticks tend to become patchy. We recommend you go to a counter and swatch it before you invest your money.
2. Deep Red
Can we all take a minute and admire the beauty of red lips? For a lot of women red lips are forever in trend, but a lot of you lovelies gravitate towards deeper hues of red during Fall/Winter.
A red lipstick is the perfect way to amp up your winter look. Wear it with a little black dress or with Indian wear for winter weddings, and you’ll seldom go wrong.
There’s a red for each one of us. Make sure you pick the perfect red that complements your skin tone!
- Tip – Wear your favorite red lipper with a lip liner to make it stay longer.
There cannot be a season that isn’t perfect for nude lips. For days when you don’t feel like going for a full face of make-up, a nude lipstick and winged liner can be an easy peasy look.
Nude lipsticks go perfectly with bold smokey eye make-up. If you’re excited to try the trend of colored smokey eye, then make sure you balance the look with a subtle nude lip color.
Find the right nude for yourself so that you don’t look washed off – pinkish nude, nude with mauve, nude with brown undertones….
Metallic lips are the hottest winter beauty trend 2017. Get that punk look right with a bold smokey eye and metallic lips. Just the right lip colors for winters when you want to add a little extra drama to your look.
Wear a deep metallic lipstick with bootcut denims and leather jacket, or flaunt a pinkish-nude metallic lipstick with your formal wear to jazz it up.
- Tip – If you don’t want to invest in a metallic lipstick, you could add glitter pigment or a shimmer pigment on your lips and turn your basic liquid lipstick into a metallic one.
Revealing the most adventurous one at last! A lot of us (including me) hesitate from experimenting with purple lipsticks. But after Aishwarya Rai at Cannes and Priyanka Chopra in LA, some of us did get the motivation to flaunt vampy purple lips.
Purple is perfect for lip color in winters. A few tips on how to wear purple lipstick:
- Keep your accessories minimalistic and let the lipstick pop.
- Keep your eye make-up basic with just a winged liner or simple kohl when flaunting purple lipstick.
- Make sure your base is done flawlessly. Highlight your skin and get that dewy glow for the purple to look super stunning.
- Start with a subtle purple, with undertones of pink or burgundy.
Hope these tips and ideas give you lot of inspiration to experiment with colors this winter. Do share with us which of these winter lipstick colors are you most excited to try in the comments below.
Before you leave have a look at our Fall/Winter Fashion Must Haves.