Paint the town red this winter season with your attire! There is something about the chilly weather. The lower the degree, the higher the fashion quotient. Long pullovers, knee length wraps, mid high boots, Trench coats, woolly mufflers, I mean everything comes out to snuggle you. And if that is not enough, the charm of layering not only keeps you warm but add enough colors to the look. The fun of wearing blue over black with a hint of a yellow inner doing a peek-a-boo just makes you look so chic.
Here are 5 ways to Style up in the chilly weather with modish women’s clothing.
- Layer up BUT without bulking up. Look cozy and cute at the same time without adding extra inches with layering. Keep the layers thin and have a jacket or a coat to do the weather shield. C’mon you have to look stylish not a size bigger.
- Rock your thermals. Who says thermals are only for under covers? With so many printed options and colors available in the market, pick lively prints that can be worn directly under the jackets and coats. The trick is to pair it smartly. Have a thermal under a leather jacket along with denims for a casual day out.
- Play up with accessories. Amp up with colorful accessories. Take your everyday outfits from a standard to a stand out with bright scarves, colorful brogues and stylish hats. A fun scarf will take a simple outfit to another height.
- Flaunt printed sweaters. It’s a great way to look nice and chirpy. Wear it over a Tee and carry your coat along, just incase it gets colder by the night. Prints are just not for summers. From florals to stripes to big checks, there is everything available.
- Break up with Black. Swap your black pant with a grey or a blue. Continue with your black boots but break the monotony of wearing an overall black.
Smart Tricks to look your winter best!
- Use the existing wardrobe. Turn it upside down to have a look at everything you possess. You don’t know that you will open a Pandora’s box and find so many unused clothing items. It aches my heart every time I do that. I find the most awesome stuff hiding away. And some of the stuff would even have the tags on, Ouch! So have a look at your wardrobe and use the clothes you already possess.
- Make the most of sales. Some brands go for sale even before the season starts. Make use of such opportunities. Store in something that is sure shot missing. Buy modish women clothing as per the season’s trend.
- End of season sales. I plan to buy leg warmers (Refer point no 2 above) that I can flaunt and a very warm jacket that I can use season to season. Buy clothing that is essential and not a fad.
- Online sales and deals. This is a go to resource for hassle free, quick shopping. I recently bought a yellow comfy sweater from AskmeBazaar.com. At 50 % off, I had a steal deal sitting at home. Online shopping makes life easier and saves time.
Hope these tips help! They are straight out of my experience. How are you styling up your winters? Bring it on in the comments below.