Milan men’s fashion week ended with a grip last month. Defining next year’s Men fashion trends and writing the history of fashion every six months, Milan is one of the most important cities of fashion designers as Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi but also Botega Veneta, Armani and Versace. It was four intense days running from a district to another to discover what will be next year collections. Let’s conclude with the 5 most interesting styles and Latest Fashion Trends for Men.
- Stripe: This year again, stripe is an important element for the Spring-Summer 2015. From the thin horizontal ones to the awning stripes, many designers chose to give a particular interest to stripes as Ermenegildo Zegna’s blue, white and grey jackets, suits and sweaters or even the monochrome black and white of Emporio Armani and also the nautical stipes of Gucci. Always worn as the top half, the stripes redefine the men’s shapes and give both elegance and casualty to the outfit. Men fashion trends 2014 saw stripes in a big way.
- Blazers: The vest combined with jeans or other casual trousers has been first designed by Calvin Klein. Since then, it became a continuous trend. This year again, the twins Dean and Dan Caten designed the DSquared2 collection based on jeans, jackets and blazers giving a schoolboy mood to the show.
- Sea and Sun: This year catwalks are even sexier than last year. It is about to show off men’s assets by wearing shorts and open gilets that give us a taste of what will be worn by our men on the beaches next year. A good example is Missoni’s collection defining the man as a beach boy.
- Jeans and Denim: Vivienne Westwood, Fendi or Tom Ford used the denim as the key fabric of the season. Jackets, jeans, coats, blazers have been a real success this year and will be present for the next summer as well!
- Printed fabric: Donatella Versace gets her printed fabrics thinking about the Cuban mood: saturated colors, palms prints and an atmosphere of holidays. Vivienne Westwood seems to get her ideas from the eighties with bright and colorful shirts and multicolored prints.
About the author:
Amandine Dowle is a French fashion and lifestyle photographer. She has lived in New York, Ottawa, Greece and now resides in Milan. In addition to photography, Amandine also writes articles for travel and fashion publishers.