Read on to find some useful pre-Holi skin and hair care tips to save you.
1. Apply a generous amount of olive oil or coconut oil in your hair before you step out to play Holi. The oil will prove to be a protective shield for your hair against the colour.
2. Lather a thick layer of moisturizer followed by sunscreen before going out to play with colours. While the moisturizer will help protect your skin from the damage of colours, the sunscreen will be a much needed savior from the day sun and will also work as a layer between the colour and your skin. Don’t forget to apply it around your ears and earlobes
3. Using a toner on your face is a great idea. It minimizes your pores. This means the harsh colours wouldn’t clog your pores and you’d be saved from breakouts. Tone your face before applying the moisturiser and the sunscreen.
4. Colours can make your lips dry and rough. Apply Vaseline jelly or a lip balm on your lips.
5. Wear a long sleeved top and full length bottom. You’ll be saved from getting drenched in colour and also from tanning.
6. Apply two coats of nail paint on your finger nails and toe nails. It looks pretty and saves your nails from getting stained.
7. Apply a thick layer of Vaseline under your nails and around your cuticles. It’ll keep your skin soft and the colour wouldn’t settle into your nails.
8. If you play Holi only with dry colours, you can put a layer of foundation on your face and neck. It’ll protect your skin from the damage done by colours.
9. Try and not keep your hair open while playing with colours. It’ll do a lot of damage to your luscious tresses. Make a bun, side braid, French braid, or a simple ponytail, but make sure your hair is tied.
10. You can also give some extra protection to your hair by wearing a bandana. It looks cute and will be a great savior.
11. Don’t get facial, threading, or waxing done 3 -4 days before Holi. These procedures make your skin sensitive and coming in contact with colours might cause irritation and rashes.
Implement these tips and you’d be good to go. Wishing y’all a safe, colourful, and happy Holi. Have a blast![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]