One can’t really identify CP without the hot and savouring coffee at Cha Bar Delhi alongside flipping books at Oxford Book Store. Mushing through the staircase into the super world of lip smacking eateries, one can spend an evening of quality time or an overdose of sunny afternoon. Among the hustle and bustle of fully occupied tables, no one can get up without a stomach full and ample conversation.
Cha Bar, Connaught Place has a huge selection of food and drinks. The menu is prepared with more than merry coffee and tea options. I was bowled over by the infinite choices and it was a treat browsing their menu. The elaborate tea menu with Cha Bar CP blend to Cha Hindustani, masala, cardamom, ginger, bollywood masala and cutting cha, there is a distinct state flavour with Assam tea, Darjeeling, Nilgiri tea, Sikkim and Nepal tea. You can go green as well and try from their Green darjeeling, Green Japanese and Green Jasmine. The Indian herbal with the magic of herbs and magical incantations of Tulsi, Gulab, Ashwagandha and Anarphar take the experiment height the next mile. As an alternative herbal, one can cover a superb melody of flavours from red berries and lavender to Verbena and Camomile. Every cup is packed with super fresh flavour.
Do yourself a big healthy favour by ordering Organic teas, just the way nature intended. Decaf teas from the menu are a collection of classic teas and diet teas to boost your metabolism and help you burn calories. The Typhoo teas and fruit teas are a mouthful of liquid joys. The flavoured premium leaf teas and cultural preparations with exotic specialities from around the globe transport you to a different world altogether.
The coffees are prepared hot and cold and the Cha Bar special thandai is to die for. The food menu includes salads, sandwiches and small nibbles. Scrumptious finger food, local plates in street style food, desi burger, bun maska, bun tikki, light lunches to fries, muffins, cookies, pastries, cakes and pies ensure there are little bits for everyone.
Visiting Cha Bar reminds you of college days where fun meant hovering around books with a cute cup of chai (tea) or coffee. The young smiles, the naughty murmurings and the hurried expressions makes the place popular with young and not so young alike. Amidst the ever honking, densely populated and numerous walking legs along the outer circle is this marvel of a compact den. Two friends can meet for endless chatter, dating or just catching up being a central place. Perfect place for after college, after work.
- Address: N-81, Outer Circle, Connaught Place New Delhi
- The economy menu has teas and coffees in the price range of Rs 35 to Rs 120.
- One can have a full bite under Rs 150.
- Light lunches are available at Rs 80.
- Situated in outer circle, Cha Bar is easily accessible via metro and the nearest metro stations are Rajiv Chowk and Barakhamba road. It’s just across the road from Barakhamba metro station and from Rajiv Chowk, take the exit for N Block. Recommended use of metro to avoid traffic and parking hassles.
- Being in the middle of the city, easily accessible via public transport.
- The Oxford Book Store has a book in every possible classification. Whether you want to indulge in a cozy read at their book reading section or buy your favourite author, you have a choice for both.
Enjoy a nice meetup with friends at the center of the city with an affordable price list at Cha Bar CP.