Travel Blog India
While walking through the narrow lanes of Shahpur Jat, one can never imagine the existence of a cute- little- quirky concept based store for home decor. Inspired by the book, The Wishing Chair by Enid Blyton, the store is full of humour, fun and colorful stuff. The minute you enter, you are taken to an English country side where all the products shout, ” Take me Home”. I bumped into the store by chance but it had all the attractions to force me to blog about it. My eyes went wide open and the mind buzzed with the scenic beauty of the little little products. There was only one dilemma- which one to buy and which one to leave…
The Wishing Chair, Delhi is the brainchild of Vivita Relan. Extending her idea of pretty, affordable stuff in Delhi, the store has a range of sourced and designed home decor products for creating a fun and colorful home. The products will be of particular interest to young couples who are doing or re-doing their homes. The products are mostly made in India and alot of it is manufactured from recycled fabrics. Vivita has a keen interest in creativity and re-arranges the store decor regularly to build on the appeal of the store. Though a year old, she plans to expand to 4-5 stores in India in the next 2-3 years.
As you move inside, you put your eyes onto another surprise- The Mad Teapot. Situated inside the store, the coffee shop is a perfect place for a snack on the go. By on the go I mean, you shop you eat and then you go. The dishes on the menu are finger food and named after the characters of the book. The menu includes sandwiches, salads, cupcakes, coffee and a variety of teas. Their range of teas and the serving teapots totally justify the title, The Mad Teapot. The cold coffee is to die for.
Where: 86A, Shahpur Jat, New Delhi 110049, Hours: Mon-Sun from 1030 am to 730 pm, Phone: 011 46572121, Price: INR 600 approx for 2 people.
- The Wishing Chair is a specialised store for home decor and for doing a special corner of your office or home. You can easily combine shopping with a coffee at their in-house coffee shop, The Mad Teapot.
- It is situated in a narrow lane of Shahpur Jat but easily accessible. Parking at the street parking lot.
- I love their cold coffee.
- They have high teas events and I am hoping to attend the next one.
- The USP of their store is products that are quirky & whimsical, affordable and cost effective, unique and recycled, fun- colorful and vintage.
- Tea coasters, hangers made from left over fabrics, recycled lamps made from the headlight of a scooter, photo frames, flowers and ceramics are some products to definitely explore and buy.
- The concept based store changes its theme every month from vintage memories to books to more such quirky themes.
Also Try: Cha Bar in CP, Delhi.