Wow, the New Year is finally here and I thought of sharing one of the most stylish and yes yummy recipe that will water the mouths and take the new Year spirit emotionally high. Well, this idea struck me when I received the bottle of Four Seasons Shiraz, a still Red Wine with black cherry hues. The aroma of crushed raspberries, combining with smoky and spicy notes was just perfect for winters. This full-bodied wine offers fruit and spice and a super pleasant finish with velvety tannins. Perfect for an exotic evening, a super combo of red wine served with red wine pasta can make a complete killer.
Without much ado, here is a simple recipe to get the wine flavoured red sauce pasta right in your kitchen. Surprise your spouse, surprise your guests and do it in style. Here we go with Happy New Year 2017 recipe- Red sauce pasta in Red wine.
Ingredients required for serving 4:
- Pasta of your choice ( 1packet of half kg)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes or tomato puree of 1/2 kg tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 big cloves of minced garlic
- Salt as per taste, usually 1 tsp
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Dried oregano as per taste
- 1 tsp dried basil ( if easily available)
- 1/2 cup Four Seasons Shiraz
Procedure to cook:
- Boil water, add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook pasta for 15 minutes or until tender. Strain and keep it on a serving platter.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- On a low flame, saute garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes till it becomes soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes/puree and saute on medium flame for 10 minutes or till the time tomatoes are cooked.
- Add salt, black pepper, red pepper, oregano, dried basil and cook for 2-3 minutes till seasonings are mixed evenly. Add more of red pepper for a tangy taste or more of herbs for a rich aroma.
- Add red wine. Gently pour the wine into the red sauce and let it blend. Simmer and cook for 10 minutes till the rich wine aroma is felt.
- Top up the pasta with red sauce. Gently pour the delicious red wine sauce over the pasta and serve it immediately.
Hope you all will love this recipe and serve it in style with round plates and big spoons. Wish you all a fabulous New Year!
Image courtesy of tiverylucky at FreeDigitalPhotos.net