Smile, though the most contagious is seldom found these days. I myself sometimes look for reasons to smile. And then I probably tell myself to stop looking and start finding pleasures in smaller things in life that will give me more than one reason to smile. Sometimes happiness is not far off, but right besides us and waiting to be discovered. All it takes is to look that way and stop for a while to realise the meaning of pure pleasures and naive ecstasies.
How often do we smile in a day…Ok a day is too long. How often do we smile in 4 awake hours of a day? Why don’t we smile when we see an old acquaintance? Why do we wait for him to smile first? Why are we always hard pressed of time and running from one errand to another? Why don’t we smile at our co-workers or the guard at the gate? The questions are many but the answers in limitation. If nothing else, the least we can do is smile for our own-selves. Life gives many reasons to smile. Let’s look at 5 of them.
- Smile makes you feel good about yourself. Love thyself! This is the first rule of confidence. When you love yourself, you have the power to love others. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. Phyllis Diller
- Smile makes others happy. What happens when you smile at someone? You get one in return, right? This is the best part about smiling- give and take. It makes others happy which in turn makes you happy. It’s the easiest available free gift, utilise it to the max.
- Smile makes you attractive. Do you like dull faces? Do you like blank faces? I had a colleague in my last office who would have a flat expression on her face all the time. It seemed she was carrying the burden of the entire world on her shoulders. I felt like telling her many times that it’s ok, she can smile and let the world be. This means we all like smiling and happy people and should not give others a chance to feel the same way I felt about this colleague. Improve your mood and for others by smiling and greeting.
- Smile wins friends. The best way to start a conversation is by opening it with a smile. This makes the other person comfortable and willing to talk. This makes strangers open up as well.
- Smile keeps the doctor away. I find this the best reason to smile. Give me a reason to smile and I will. Being happy is the first thing every doctor suggests. It improves one’s health, one’s temperament and relationship with others. Smile smile smile till you succeed 🙂
Laughter indeed is the best medicine. It takes away stress, takes away worries and improves the face value. Meet your friends often, indulge in your hobbies and take out time for fitness. Do what you like and like what you do. Take your chances and end up everyday with a wide smile. You’ll see the positive changes yourself, I am sure.