Fair and lovely is passe. Whichever skin tone, it has to be lively and glowing. I so love the skin tone of Halle Berry and Jennifer Lopez, sun-kissed and shimmery. The beauty lies more in a healthy skin than a fairer skin tone. Too many cosmetics, too many colours on the face is good to go often, but along with them do a mix and match of home remedies for glowing skin that talks.
Let’s take a look at 10 tips for glowing skin.
- I have gone crazy shouting this- Have a healthy diet. Include lots of vegetables and fruits in your diet. Ensure loads of cereals and salads and curd in your diet.
- Water Water water. Drink 2-3 litres of water everyday irrespective of weather, climate, requirement. People sitting in AC may not feel thirsty often, but they need to ensure enough water intake aswell. Ensure the same in winters too.
- Ice Ice baby. Apply ice on your face regularly for a cool effect. Wrap the ice in a handkerchief or a soft cloth and apply it on your face.
- Besan/chickpea flour pack. One of the most easily available ingredient in kitchen. Apply a besan pack once a week for a healthy skin.
- Cover yourself in the sun. Wear sunglasses, full sleeves and a scarf while going out in the sun. Avoid maximum direct skin exposure to the UV rays.
- Stay happy. Smile often, worry seldom. Let things happen, let your boss be the biggest life sucker and let your boyfriend take a walk. Just let it be and ensure that you’ll stay happy and take care of your health.
- Love yourself. Indulge in your favourite activities, pick up singing if you like or cheat for a day and eat pizzas and pastas. It’s OK. Don’t be too hard on your self and totally love yourself. If you will, so will others.
- Aloe Vera. This is an easily available plant and can be kept in your balcony, terrace or outside your home. Use the natural plant once or twice a week. Cut the leaf and apply the sticky liquid on your face. Keep it for half an hour and simply wash. See you skin improving in no time.
- Avoid maida/ all-purpose flour, fried, beverages. Avoid junk and fatty foods. Eat once in a while and maintain a healthy eating lifestyle.
- Work Out. Try hitting the gym thrice a week or engage in some sport say badminton or swimming in the evening. Nothing else, climb stairs to your floor and walk to the market. Body needs movement to stay fit and healthy.
These are economical, natural, easily doable and most effective tips for healthy skin. Try all or a few and see changes yourself. If you have a tip to add, we would love to hear.