Are you horrified looking at your pale skin in summers? Is the sun sapping away all the moisture and leaving your skin dull and lifeless? C’mon sisters, we are all facing these issues. With less time in hand and more of inescapable outdoors, here I bring some very easy Tips for skincare during summers that will ensure a lively feel to your skin and work at deeper and superficial levels to ensure a happy and glowing you. Let’s take a look at them:
Tips for skincare during summers
- Aloe Vera. I’m shouting at the top of my voice to make aloe Vera your best friend not only in summers but in all weathers. Use Aloe Vera in its most natural form, directly from the plant. Aloe Vera is a small plant that can easily be kept at your home. Cut a small end of the leaf and apply the thick sticky liquid on your face. Leave it for half an hour and wash it with water. Pat dry. The sticky liquid tightens the skin and helps in closing open pores as a result of sweat and summer heat. Feel instant freshness and glowing skin when applied 2-3 times a week. Most natural, most healthy.
- Ice cube treatment. Take an ice cube and wrap it in a soft cloth or handkerchief and apply it all over the face. Keep on applying till you finish the ice cube. Rub it gently all over the face. This will act as a toner and will cool your skin and help you relax. Do it while watching TV or talking on phone. Easy and so doable.
- Sunscreen. Use a good quality sunscreen and as per your skin type. Take a sunscreen with moisturiser. Summer skin needs moisturiser too. Lakme has amazing 9 to 5 sunscreens in 2 variants for oily and normal to dry skin. Look here for a complete review on them. But whatever it may be, do not leave home without applying a sunscreen.
- Go light on makeup. If you are makeup person who cannot live without her daily doze of foundation and compact and a sunscreen, then use a BB cream. A BB cream will act as an all in 1 product and instead of applying 4 different products, you can just apply a BB cream which will act as a sunscreen, foundation, concealer and a moisturiser. Ponds BB cream review here..
- Wash your face 3-4 times a day. Morning- evening with a face wash and for rest of the day, just splash in water and pat dry to feel freshness on the skin. Reapply the sunscreen or the BB cream as required but definitely splash some water throughout the day to cool the skin.
- Eat healthy and drink lots of water and juices throughout the day. Detoxify yourself in summers. Go easy on fried and heavy food. Have alot of water, juices, coconut water, butter milk, salads and raw vegetables to cleanse from inside. Healthy inside means healthy outside.
I’m sure these tips will help a great deal in keeping the summer blues at bay and breathing to a healthy and smiling skin. Make the most of these.
Image courtesy of posterize / FreeDigitalPhotos.net