If you can get a facial at home with one step, that’ll be the best news in a long time. Minimalist AHA 25% + PHA 5% + BHA 2% is a single step weekend facial that can be done in 10 minutes. It’s a powerful peeling trio of 25% AHA, 5% PHA & 2% BHA that gives multi-level exfoliation, that just doesn’t stop on the surface but goes inside the pores, giving you a plump, healthy, and glowing skin. And that sounds awesome, isn’t it?
Minimalist AHA 25% + PHA 5% + BHA 2% Review
Why I like it?
- It’s a blend of 25% AHA, 5% PHA & 2% BHA for maximum effectiveness. The combination exfoliates and clears congestion of pores. I feel as if everything excess on my face sheds after using the product.
- PHAs are exfoliators cum moisturisers. Also, Gluconolactone (PHA used in this formula) provides up to 50% protection against UV radiation.
- This peeing solution is formulated with Turmeric Extract and Aloe juice that calms skin irritation generally associated with peeling.
- It’s a strong peel so a patch test is recommended. You can also expect tingling on application.
- There is no more a need of using physical exfoliators likes scrubs, and brushes which are commonly used in facials. This gentle yet powerful chemical exfoliant trio clears pores and promotes cell turnover without damaging the skin’s natural barrier.
- The colour- the yellow hue- what’s not to love?
How to use?
Use it once a week in the PM. Clean your face and apply a thick layer and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Follow up with your preferred moisturiser. I follow it up with Minimalist Hyaluronic acid 2% + B5.
You can read the Minimalist Hyaluronic acid 2% + B5 review here. It’s ultra hydrating.
Don’t forget to wear SPF 30 and above while using this peel. Use it for 2-3 months to see its maximum effect.
What’s inside the peeling solution?
25% Alpha hydroxy acid (a blend of Glycolic acid, Lactic acid & Mandelic acid), 5% poly hydroxy acid (Gluconolactone) and 2% beta hydroxy acid (Salicylic acid).
Please note that the solution is not recommended for people with hypersensitive or compromised skin. They shouldn’t use the peel as it contains a very high concentration of direct acids.
Also, keep a gap of at least 1 week in-between bleaching your face and using this peel as it’s a strong peel. If I’m bleaching on a Sunday, I’d give a gap of 10 days before using the peel. Still, do it at your own risk. Bleaching is a must for me so I take the risk.
Price & Availability
Rs 699/- for 30 ml. Buy it online here.
Your friendly neighbourhood beauty advisor,
P.S: Some kids are playing in the garden and I can see them from my first floor window. It makes a beautiful evening scene everyday.
Before you leave, do read the Minimalist Squalane 100% review.