Now that the Holi madness is over, it is time to get back to your usual self. But who is that coloured goofball staring at you from the mirror? Oh! it’s youuu…
The colour will not go after one wash, so don’t worry and stress about it. You need to take care of skin and hair a tad bit extra to keep the after effects of harsh chemicals and colours at bay.
Here are some post Holi skin and hair care tips to get back yourself.
1. Don’t be harsh on your skin. Excessive scrubbing would do a lot of damage. Be gentle and only use mild products to get rid of the colour.
2. Use a make-up remover to get rid of the first layer of colour and dirt.
3. Using a mild soap free cleanser is a great idea. It’ll get rid of the colour without stripping the moisture from your skin.
4. Mix raw milk and gram flour (besan) in required quantities to make a thick paste. Apply it all over your face and body. Allow it to dry and gently scrub. Wash off using lukewarm water.
5. Avoid using hot water to wash your face and hair. Replace it with lukewarm water instead.
6. If you see your teeth stained with colour, use a mixture of salt and lemon juice to get rid of the ugly stains.
7. Use a mild shampoo to get rid of the colour and dirt from your hair and then use a conditioner to lock in the moisture.
8. You could also use some natural homemade hair packs to get rid of the damage and frizz. Here are some easy DIY hair packs that you can try.
9. The colour will not magically disappear after one wash. It might take a few days, so be patient. Massage your arms and legs with an oil of your choice – olive oil, baby oil, or coconut oil. It’ll keep your body moisturized and will help to get rid of the colour as well.
10. For a couple of days after Holi use a thick moisturizer or body butter on your arms and legs. It’ll protect your skin from getting rough and dry.
11. Oil your hair regularly before washing them for 3 -4 times at least after Holi. You cannot underestimate the super power of a good champi. It nourishes your hair, strengthens your roots and gives them a natural shine. And after all the damage from the colours and dirt, all this is much needed.
12. Use natural face masks to get back the glow and moisture. These are some easy DIY fruit face packs that you can use.
13. Take time out and indulge in a pampering session for your skin and hair. How about a facial at home?