It’s that time of the year which we all love. The unbearable summers are followed by fresh and suave monsoons and the dew freshness all around. The arresting fragrance of wet mud and the lush green parks are a delight. Amidst all this, comes the havoc on our hair, with the rains making hair frizzy, damaged and sometimes very hard to manage. But not to worry, some simple Monsoon hair tips can keep our beautiful tresses healthy and lively.
I am not going to talk about home-made packs for I don’t apply them myself. We are too busy and pressed for time for all this. Instead, I’ll talk about very doable and easy skin care tips for Monsoon. Simple and effective, these tips will take care of your Monsoon hair.
- Don’t leave your hair dry. Apply a leave in serum or a conditioner. You can even apply 2 drops of hair oil on the entire hair to take away dryness. Very simple, very easy.
- Protein diet. Include salads, seasonal fruits, green leafy vegetables, coconut water and cereals in your diet. Ask your mom or your cook to include salads and fruits in your lunch and dinner. Again simple and a doable tip.
- No chemical treatment in this weather. Postpone hair treatments for 2 months. Chemicals react with rain water and lead to severe damage.
- Use a good shampoo and conditioner. Use a mild shampoo and conditioner in the rainy season . Wash your hair regularly to keep your scalp clean.
- Keep hair accessories to minimum. Use soft hair bands to pull the hair together and avoid fancy metallic clips that tend to break the hair.
- Oil therapy. Simply oil the hair for 2 hours and thoroughly wash. This will condition the hair. The oiling has to be done in moderation so keep it for 2-3 hours before wash.
Try these tips and see the difference yourself. Breathe in happy hair this monsoon, hair that smiles back! And like I say again and again… love your hair and it will love you back. Here’s wishing you all a very Happy monsoon.