The one thing that all we girls secretly wish for is beautiful luscious tresses. But sadly the harsh sun, pollution, and use of chemicals makes our hair dull and lifeless. Whether you have long hair or a pixie cut, we all have our own set of hair care struggles. So, today we thought of debunking some common hair care myths for y’all.
5 common hair care myths busted
1. Cutting your hair often will make them grow faster
Trimming your hair doesn’t affect hair growth in any way. Damaged and frayed ends may cause your hair to look thin and will also weaken them. Thus, getting a trim every 2 months is a good idea. It will just give your hair a fuller fresh look, but will not make them grow faster.
2. Shampooing increases hair shedding and hair loss
Since we shed hair in the shower, it is often associated with shampooing. Hair shedding and hair loss can be due to many reasons – use of excessive heat styling tools, vitamin deficiency, stress, environmental factors, illness etc.
If you think that by cutting down shampooing you can solve this problem, it will only make things worse. Itchy scalp, sebum build up, and inflammation can cause various scalp problems. Losing a few strands of hair while brushing or shampooing is normal, but if you notice excessive hair loss, we recommend you consult a dermatologist.
3. The more you brush your hair, the healthier they’ll be
The age old tale of brushing through your hair 100 times a day is nothing but a myth. Excessive brushing may cause more harm than good. It can damage your hair cuticles, so stick to your usual brushing routine and don’t overdo it.
4. Pulling out one grey hair will cause two to grow back
Have you panicked at the sight of that first grey hair? Do you believe that plucking out one grey hair will cause two to grow back? This is a myth that needs to be debunked. You cannot blame pre-mature graying on plucking.
5. Washing your hair every day makes it dry
We live in such a hot and humid country that sometimes it becomes inevitable to wash our hair every day. The trick is to choose the right products. If you’re someone who washes her hair every day, make sure to pick a mild, sulphate free, and paraben free shampoo. Also, deep condition your hair twice a week.
Have a look at Latest Hair Trends for 2018.
Some helpful tips
- Follow a simple hair care routine – hair oil, shampoo, and conditioner.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet with lots of veggies and fruits.
- Drink 8 – 10 glasses of water a day.
- Make sure you choose the right products depending upon your hair type and hair problems.
- You can also talk to your dermatologist about vitamin and omega -3 supplements for your hair.
- Use homemade hair packs at least once a week.
- Listen to mum when she says to oil your hair. It does work magic.
Hope now these myths don’t scare you! Do share with us if you have any hair care secrets that you abide by.