No doubt, the hair is our crowning glory and how we run pillar to post ensuring good health and good shine all through the months and years and decades. In-between the running, we try everything from herbal to cosmetic to electronic gadgets to what not! I am a super freak myself when it comes to my hair and I have tried it all from permanent straightening to global colouring to blonde highlighting to bold red chunks. And yes I have paid my price so now I have become very careful with what goes in & on my hair. And my latest search took me to the New Philips Air Straightener– I was intrigued by the name itself!
The Essential Care Air Straightener is a well known baby from the brand known for innovations. Philips Air Straightener has given me enough reasons to use this gadget time and again without worrying about the harmful heat effect otherwise attached with electronic gadgets. Here are my thoughts + a review on this piece of technology.
- The product comes in 2 parts: Paddle brush + rest of the body. The paddle brush works as the straightener brush and is easy to use and manoeuvre through the hair.
- The product is a 2 in 1 combo of a straightener and a hair dryer. The intelligent combo of the brush and the dryer works in the hair for gentle drying and straightening at one go.
- The product is easy to assemble and use. Since it comes in 2 parts: paddle brush and rest of the body, it’s easy to carry on vacations and for getting ready before a party.
- The gentle drying protects the hair and styles at the same time.
- There are 2 heating options: for gentle and strong drying.
- The Paddle Straightening brush creates a naturally smooth style and The ThermoProtect temperature ensures fast drying at a caring temperature.
- Towel dry the hair thoroughly before usage.
- Use the straightener to plain dry your hair or to create straight lengths or light waves.
Price Rs 1695/-. Do check online or with a retail store for best deals.
I have a wavy texture and the product gave me a smoother feel at the length and my layers in the hair were neatly visible. I did not get poker straight hair but got a desired result of natural straight and smooth hair, as if it was my natural texture. And when I made a high pony, each and every sharp edge of the infinite layering in my hair came alive. I am quite happy with the result and totally recommend this product.
* The end result for every product depends person to person, hair to hair.