It’s that time of the year which we all love. The unbearable summers are followed by fresh and suave monsoons and the dew freshness all around. The arresting fragrance of wet mud and the lush green parks are a delight. Amidst all this, comes the havoc on our hair, with the rains making hair frizzy, damaged and sometimes very hard to manage. But not to worry, some simple Monsoon hair tips can keep our beautiful tresses healthy and lively.
I am not going to talk about home-made packs for I don’t apply them myself. We are too busy and pressed for time for all this. Instead, I’ll talk about very doable and easy skin care tips for Monsoon. Simple and effective, these tips will take care of your Monsoon hair.
- Don’t leave your hair dry. Apply a leave in serum or a conditioner. You can even apply 2 drops of hair oil on the entire hair to take away dryness. Very simple, very easy.
- Protein diet. Include salads, seasonal fruits, green leafy vegetables, coconut water and cereals in your diet. Ask your mom or your cook to include salads and fruits in your lunch and dinner. Again simple and a doable tip.
- No chemical treatment in this weather. Postpone hair treatments for 2 months. Chemicals react with rain water and lead to severe damage.
- Dove Intense range shampoo and conditioner. Monsoon hair problems are the worst to deal with. The new range of Dove hair therapy Damage solutions is for intense repair. The complete range which comprises of shampoo, conditioner and treatment mask helps reconstructing hair at the cellular level and further helps in preventing breakage. Enriched with 1/4 moisture milk, the entire range transforms damaged hair into lively and shiny hair. The shampoo is mild, good enough for every second day use. The Keratin actives go deep into the hair and rebuild it at the cellular level. The hair mask replenishes the hair and has to be used once a week. The shampoo is priced at Rs 132/- for 180 ml, conditioner at Rs 132/- for 170 ml and mask at Rs 215/- for 200 ml.
- Keep hair accessories to minimum. Use soft hair bands to pull the hair together and avoid fancy metallic clips that tend to break the hair.
- Oil therapy. Simply oil the hair for 2 hours and thoroughly wash. This will condition the hair. The oiling has to be done in moderation so keep it for 2-3 hours before wash.
Try these tips and see the difference yourself. Breathe in happy hair this monsoon, hair that smiles back! And like I say again and again… love your hair and it will love you back. Here’s wishing you all a very Happy monsoon.