Monsoon skin is the most problematic. Wetness and humidity creates a havoc on the skin and hair and sometimes result in acne, allergies, dryness, scalp itchiness and what not. This further spoils the mood and causes irritation throughout the day. My major problems are unmanageable hair and funny reacting skin. The makeup doesn’t stay, I can see the flaws on my skin, there is dryness added with frequent rashness. There are times when I just don’t feel like getting ready and hate to see the mirror. But what to do…life can’t change nor can it come to a standstill. So here are some tips and tricks that I use on myself and recover from the monsoon blues. Hopefully these tips will take care of your skin in monsoon too…
- Keep makeup to minimum. Make the kaajal and a shiny lip gloss your best friends for the season. Ditch all beauty products till it rains. Just apply your sunscreen and bold your eyes with the kaajal. Even eyeline them with a kaajal instead of a liquid liner. Use different colors on the lips everyday or take help from a lip balm. You’ll be happy to see the results of this look.
- Flaunt pony tails and plaits. Say a no to open hair and instead try different ponytails and plaits. Experiment with a high pony, medium or a low one. How about a fish plait today and a simple braid tomorrow. Adorn them with nice clips and pins. Keep hair neat and tied and pin your fringes too.
- Natural skin care. Drink ample water, indulge in salads and broths and add fruits to your daily diet. A healthy diet will automatically ensure a healthy skin. Nothing beats natural skin care. Have fries and other fried stuff but keep a check at the quantity. Enjoy the weather and count the calories.
- Parlour treatments. Ensure your parlour is hygienic and taking ample precautions in the rainy weather. I got bad rashes during my last waxing session. Double check the hygiene and the neatness of the place.
- Rub ice cubes on the face. This will control skin infections and boils. Ice-cubes have a soothing effect and cool the skin under humid conditions. Wrap a cube in a face towel and dab it on the face. Use it as an eye mask too.
- Aloe Vera. Grown in almost all the homes, apply the natural Aloe vera from the plant. Cut a small stem and apply the juice all over the face. Wash it after half an hour with tap water. If you don’t have it, ask your gardener to get the plant for you. It can be easily kept at home in the garden or balcony or a passage with sunlight.
These are some of the tips that can help a great deal in checking skin and hair during monsoons. Avoid touching your hair much in monsoon. Everytime I comb them or wash them, my heart cries at the hairfall. Just let the hair be and keep them tied. Hope these tips will help you and incase you want to add any, do let me know. Let’s help each other!
My recent addition is the Garnier white complete Fairness face wash and the Multi Action Fairness Cream. The face wash gently exfoliates and clarifies the skin and helps in recovering a clear and even complexion. The Multi Action Fairness cream is enriched with SPF 17 PA++ to protect from the harmful UVA and UVB rays. The active white molecule and pure lemon essence give flawless and smooth skin. Feel the power of Instant whitening, Sun protection, Glow, Moisturised skin, Long lasting fairness and much more with regular usage. The cream is priced at Rs 80 for 18gm and Rs 150 for 40gm. The face wash is priced at Rs 78 for 50gm. Here’s to a cream that fulfills 10/10 complete fairness needs.